12 August 2007

In the Deep South

Howdy y'all! We recently took a trip to Arkansas (and Texas) to visit my great grandma, great aunts and uncles, and cousins. I got to do all sorts of things. We went to Hot Springs (nothing seems refreshing about hot baths in hot weather, so we didn't stay long). However, we did go to the top of a mountain where I did my best Marilyn Monroe impression. After that, we went to Little Missouri Falls and played in the waterfalls there.

But the highlight of my trip was staying with Great Grandma. I learned all sorts of words like "ball, ouch, all done," and I even took my first steps!!! Grandma taught me new games like patty-cake (she does it so much better than mommy and daddy) and creepy crawly. I'd sit on her lap and play those games all day if I could.

I even got to play with a little puppy chihuahua. Unlike my huge dog Aslan, this puppy can't knock me over. We almost brought him home, but mommy and daddy said that I'm enough of a hand full; we don't need any more.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for visiting my blog. Y'all come back now... ya hear?

8 comments:

Mici said...

She takes after her mother in spelling too. Can you find the spelling mistake?

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing you left the puppy. I know personally, I don't think Aslan would take to any new "guest". Glad you had a fun time.

Justin Hibbard said...

Funny Micayla, actually, Justin wrote this one, but in his defense it was at 4:30 in the morning because he couldn't sleep. And I know where it is, knew instead of new. I promise, we aren't stupid, just a tired mistake.

Anonymous said...

Awe, congrats on your first steps!!! Pretty soon you'll be knocking Aslan over :). And I say "beebee" to that!

Take Care,
Karis :)

aroy17 said...

Your pictures are cute, but I can't help but think the first two look like you used photoshop. Her first steps. That's super exciting!

Anonymous said...

Don't you think Annalia's a little young to be riding the rapids of Arkansas ( or anywhere)? And next time, how about providing her with a rubber raft....its alot easier on the (baby's) bottom!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you think Annalia's a little young to be riding the rapids of Arkansas ( or anywhere)? And next time, how about providing her with a rubber raft....its alot easier on the (baby's) bottom!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Annalia is the cutest little thing on those rocks at the waterfall. That's a poster ya'll!