09 February 2007

blogging rookie

So, I was talking to my sister the other day, telling her all of the adorable things my little Annalia does. She mentioned that I should start blogging, as a wonderful way to remember and share it all.
At first, I was hesitant. I don't read blogs, so wouldn't it be hypocritical to write my own? Am I to assume that others are going to want to hear what I have to say? But then I realized that blogging is more for the blogger than for anyone else. Plus, I am sure Annalia will want to read it later.
My next hesitation was the age old "first child" concern. If I do it for Anna, won't I have to do it for all my other children? And what if I forget, or don't have time? What kind of mom will I be? I will have to think about this whole "first child" thing a little more. As a middle child (and proud of it), I am not sure how I feel about Anna being a first child. Why can't all of my kids be middle children? I think that would be so much better.
Either way, I figure I have no good excuse to not start blogging about my days with my little girl. So for all of you who wish to know, thus begins Annalia's baby blog.

2 comments:

surillion said...

I found it interesting that you are proud to be a middle child. I've heard so much about how negative it is and who can forget Jan from the Brady Bunch?!?! Thinking about adding a third to my family I'm glad to know that middle children can be proud of who they are! Also you can think about all the things you want to do for the second and after children in terms of blogging, pictures, etc. But I found out that it doesn't matter how hard I try...the second just gets things done differently but never the same. That's also the great thing that God has done for us...allowed us to show affection for each of our children in different ways.

Unknown said...

This will be nice for us since we won't be able to see her very much. On the finger sucking thing: whenever I would have sonograms, Logan would be sucking his last two fingers (funny, opposite of Anna). Anyway, once he was two weeks old he stopped doing it, and never has sucked his fingers/thumb. He even decided to say goodbye to the paci for good at 2 months. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Meghan