26 September 2007

Annalía at the Yard

The smell of Boog's Bar-b-que as the steam arises in front of the warehouse and disappears into the bright lights illuminating the freshly cut patterned grass and chalk lines that mark the base path. Is there any better place than being a part of America's past time at one of the most beautiful parks - Camden Yards?

I was there to see Daniel Cabrera throw a shutout into the 6th inning (it's about time). I was there when foul balls came whizzing by our heads from our great seats behind home plate. I cheered as a train of loyal Baltimore fans marched throughout the stadium pleading with the O's owner (who's done nothing but run the team into the ground) to sell the team to Cal Ripken. I stuffed my face with delicious Boardwalk French fries. I reluctantly met the scary Oriole mascot. And I was there when Nick Markakis hit the game winning homerun (he was due) to give the Orioles a 3-2 win over the Royals.

The enchanted evening at Camden Yards with Daddy, Nana, and Grandpa (mommy was busy working) brought me back to the days of my youth, when at just 10 days old, my parents took me to my first ball game. Ah to be young again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's looking pretty independent in that last picture. A pretty big "yard" for her to play in. Glad you had a good time. Mom

Justin Hibbard said...

She is getting pretty independant. When I am at church, I can't keep her next to me, she thinks she owns the place!

Youth Leaders said...

Go Phillies!!!! We are so excited that they made the playoffs, but of course we aren't holding our breath, after all they are still the Phillies.

aroy17 said...

I just wanted to point out that it has been almost a month since I've seen any updated pictures of this cutie!